The subfamily of tarantulas known as Harpactirinae (or baboon spiders) is endemic to Africa. Tarantula spiders in the subfamily Harpactirinae use their fangs and chelicerae to dig silk-lined burrows into the ground, where they typically remain hidden until prey is discovered. Savannas, grasslands, and dry scrubs are all examples of typical habitats. Genera like Augacephalus, Eucratosecelus, Pterinochilus and Idiothele are present in this subfamily of spiders – enjoy going through the vast picture collection and check out our videos and reference link on this group of tarantula spiders.
Additional blog posts
- Aphonopelma seemanni – Costa Rica Zebra Tarantula
- Antikuna cimrmani – Endemic Andean Tarantula from Peru
- Cobalt Blue Tarantula – Cyriopagopus or Haplopelma lividum
- Chevron Tarantula – Trinidad Psalmopoeus
- Andean Tarantulas – Christmas Edition